Filco Urushi Lacquered Wrist Rest – Suri-urushi
Handcrafted in Japan by skilled artisans.
A wrist rest is a cushion or stand that is placed in front of a computer keyboard and on which the palm of the hand rests when a key is pressed. It helps prevent fatigue and tendonitis caused by long-term keystrokes. Most of the products currently on the market are soft products that use an elastomer as the base, and they are not suitable for high-speed keying due to the large sinking.
This product is a lacquered product of the natural wood wrist rest “FILCO Genuine Wood Wrist Rest”. Each one is made by hand, and in the case of the Galaxy / Starry Sky series, each product has a unique pattern. Similar to “FILCO Genuine Wood Wrist Rest”, a cushioning material made of high-performance urethane foam is included.
The wrist rest is finished with an ancient Japanese technique called “suri lacquer”, which applies lacquer as if it were imprinted on it. The simple matte texture brings out the beauty of the wood grain by imprinting black lacquer on the wood surface many times.
Since each item is hand-patterned, every wrist rest is unique.
Includes high-performance urethane foam
The cushioning material on the bottom has excellent features such as energy absorption, dimensional stability, and non-transferability, and uses high-performance urethane foam with a fine and uniform cell structure. Since the wrist rest and desk surface are firmly fixed, they will not move or shift during keystrokes.
Three sizes are available
- L (Full Size) – 440×81×20mm
- M (TKLs) – 360×81×20mm
- S (Compacts) – 300×81×20mm
The Filco lacquer wrist rests are the same dimensions as the Filco Genuine Wood Wrist Rests, with a lacquered finish.
About the Filco Urushi Lacquered Wrist Rest – Suri-urushi
- The surface may develop a patina over time. In the case of “suri lacquer”, the black color gradually fades and changes to amber. In addition, the method of change differs depending on the usage environment and situation. Generally, the color changes from the part that is most touched by the hand or the convex part.
- Some warpage may occur depending on the usage environment and aging.
- Since natural wood is used, there is no one with the same grain. Some products have wood grain, straight grain, and knots. There may be individual differences and some warpage may occur.
- This product uses lacquer. Since it is thoroughly dried and the lacquer film is hardened, the wrist rest is safe to use. However, people with allergies to lacquer should avoid using this product.
- Since each craftsman makes each one by hand, the same pattern does not exist. Please note that the pattern of the delivered product may differ from the image.
- A set of non-slip cushion “PORON” 4mm type is included in the box. (The included “PORON” is a 4mm type that is ideal for the FILCO Majestouch series.)
- Colours on the product may vary slightly from your monitor because of differences in colour representation between displays and photographs.
“PORON®” is a registered trademark of Rogers INOAC Corporation.