FILCO Majestouch 3 KOBO Edition
What are FILCO Keyboard KOBO cases?
Filco KOBO cases are unique artisanal keyboard cases made in Japan. Each keyboard case is lacquered with the world famous urushi lacquer by Japanese artisans at the FILCO Studio.
Each keyboard is semi-made-to-order where the customer chooses their keyboard by combining the exclusive original frames and their choice of keyswitches. After receiving your order, we assemble the keyboard and deliver it to you.
Every keyboard is unique.
Urushi Lacquer cases take a really long time to make and have very limited availability. Patterns are created by hand on each lacquered keyboard, and no two keyboards have the same pattern.
- Shibuki Black – After applying black lacquer, patterns were applied with red and gold powder lacquer. By applying lacquer to the brush and shaking it vigorously, the splashes are blown off and the pattern is finished in a powerful and flowing pattern. The bright red, amber lacquer, and gold contrast against the black, creating a tasteful finish.
- Galaxy Gold – After applying navy blue lacquer, fine gold powder of different sizes is sprinkled, and transparent lacquer is layered to create a pattern. The pattern of flowing gold powder that shines in deep navy blue enough to be sucked in is finished like the galaxy that colors the night sky. By combining it with the wrist rest, you can enjoy a more unified pattern.
- Galaxy Blue – Blue lacquer base with blue gold flake in a different size
- Shibuki Red – After applying vermilion red lacquer, patterns were applied with red, black, and gold powder lacquer. By applying lacquer to the brush and shaking it vigorously, the splashes are blown off and the pattern is finished in a powerful and flowing pattern. The vivid red, black and gold contrast in the vermilion red, creating an interesting and playful finish.
- Sikkoku Black – It is black lacquer, which is a representative color of lacquer. It is called “jet black” and has a deep black color that cannot be achieved with other paints. The gold of the logo applied with gold leaf processing further emphasizes the depth of the jet black.
- New Wood Blue – This uses water transfer printing technique. It has a clear brilliant blue color and it will absolotely brighten up your desk.
- New Wood Red – This uses water transfer printing technique. It has a wooden pattern in a bright red color. It will brighten up your desk and make your desk gorgeous.
- Candy Lime – It has double glossing coating layers. Clear and rich finish. It comes with FILCO logo decorated by Swarovski!
- Each keyboard case is patterned by hand. Units received by customer will show variation in pattern from the representative images.
- Each keyboard is built to order. All sales are final once the keyboard has been built. Keyboards are non-returnable.
- As each keyboard needs to be built before dispatch, there will be an additional day’s lead time from our usual lead times.
- Keyboards will be built with ANSI layout, not JIS layout.